edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Regarding Contribution
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:30:12 GMT
Hi Amit,

well I got started listening to some discussions on this list … Ok … I agree … It’s
quite silent here at the moment ;-)
Another option would be to have a look at our Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/EDGENT
and find something you could start working on.
If you found something, the first step would be to fork the Github repo at: https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent
and to checkout your fork.
That’s where you would be doing your work on. I would suggest creating a branch for every
issue you work on. As soon as you have finished something, you simply commit and push to your
repo and create a pull request for that.
This will automatically have our Travis CI Server do a first check. If all is good we will
start reviewing your contribution and as soon as that’s done, your changes can get merged.

Right now, I’m working hard on finishing the migration of the build tool from Gradle to
Maven, so you should prepare for a bigger change in the near future.

Chris