edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: What's left to do for Maven migration?
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2017 20:18:56 GMT
Hi all,

today I managed to spare some time to work on the Maven migration topic.
Here a short summary on what I fixed:
1) The console/server now bundles the servlets.war as a resource inside the jar. So now all
you need to so is reference the server jar and start the server. It did fix all problems with
the samples I tried it with.
2) Fix a problem with the JDBC Tests. In my case I couldn’t run the tests, because my username
contained a special char (“christofer.dutz”), additionally I made the tests generate output
only inside the target directory.
3) Did some additional cleaning up in the maven build (removed some unneeded configuration
options, fine-tuned the code coverage report generation)

Today I did a lot of full builds:
- Java8
- Java8, Java7
- Java8, Java7, Android (without toolchain – java7 built with java8 VM)
- Java8, Java7, Android (with toolchain – java7 built with java7 VM)

What I have on my to-do list next:
1) Optimize the Eclipse support
2) Finish the site-generation (Generation of API Docs, Test Reports, Coverage Reports, …)

And it did show a problem I had as I was embedding a java8 servlets.war in the server and
the build didn’t fail without toolchain, but with toolchain it did fail. So, it’s a good
thing to have that in place as an additional measure of security :-)

So far, the update … looking into Eclipse next.

Chris