edgent-dev mailing list archives

From ZhangQingsheng <qingshe...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject possible contribute for edgent project
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 04:47:08 GMT
 Hi all,
   I try to propose possible contribute to edgent project. In mobile edge cloud computing,
edge devices, such as the 3G/4G base station, wifi router, sensor and mobile phone and so
on,  have the capability of computing and storage like a computer. Particularly, edge servers
on base station, wifi router have powerful computing and storage. I think such edge devices
can be used for more useful edge application if edgent is extended.
   In my knowledge, several replicas from edge devices (such as mobile phone, sensor or
wifi router and so on) may be stored in storage systems of different locations, it may be
valuable and useful that these replicas can be merged together for some applications based
on data consistency.
   A simple or naïve scenario for my idea:   there is a grand corn field installed with
9 temperature wireless sensors being far away from themselves in a farm, so one sensor only
send its data to its local wifi router with capability of computing and storage (I mean wifi
router is also edge device).   How to detect high temperature event for corn growing? It
is not reasonable  to make decision on a high temperature event if it only depends on the
event from only one sensor’s data. If every wifi router can merge the received sensor event
into a full consistent replica and populate this replica among these routers, a good decision
is made for corn grower. To do so,  some components, such as logical data model for mapping
physical data, and other tools, are needed for edgent. Therefore,  application developer
can code more useful and advanced mobile cloud edge applications.
     Addtionally, if we consider mobility of user and  portable device,  picture data from
mobile phone may be partially uploaded/downloaded to/from edge server 1, remaining data are
uploaded/downloaded to edge server2. It will save mobile device’s energy and reduce low
delay if the full data based on logical data model (support data consistency) can be implemented
by edge servers on different locations for such edgent application.
     It is my initial idea for code of edgent. Any comments welcome. Thanks.

Qingsheng Zhang

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件应用