edgent-dev mailing list archives

From MITTAL Aarushi <aarushi.mit...@soprasteria.com>
Subject Alternate solution for hardware portion of Water Sprinkler Use Case
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 09:44:44 GMT
Hi Samantha,

I have successfully launched an application on bluemix following your tutorial for Smart Water
Sprinkler:
https://github.com/IBMStreams/streamsx.waterConservation.starterKit/blob/master/com.ibm.streamsx.smartsprinkler.edgent/README.md

I have successfully been able to receive simulated readings.

Now , I want to get real readings from a moisture sensor.

There are 2 problems here :

1)      I have a Grove moisture sensor that maybe difficult to connect to a Pi. But the I
am not sure if the Edgent application can be written on any other iot board ,except a Pi.

Though I have found a way to directly connect the grove sensor to Pi, I am not too confident
with this approach.

http://www.switchdoc.com/2016/02/tutorial-grove-connector-project-examples-for-raspberry-pi-arduino/

2)      I have an Arduino base shield on which many grove sensors can be connected.

I can mount my shield(having the grove sensor connected ) on my Arduino uno .

After that , I can connect this entire Arduino setup to my raspberry Pi 3 via Serial Communication.

Please guide me if it would be a good idea , to get the sensor readings from the Arduino to
the pi and then send them to the Edgent application(on the Pi) for Edge computing.

I have to submit this solution by 7th July 2017.
Please help.

Regards,
Aarushi Mittal
IOT, Digital Transformation Team
[cid:image001.png@01D2C80A.F0430D40]
Sopra Steria
A-67, Sector 64
Noida 201301 - U.P. India
Mobile: +91-7065508866
aarushi.mittal@soprasteria.com<mailto:aarushi.mittal@soprasteria.com> - www.soprasteria.in<http://www.soprasteria.in/>
 [cid:image002.gif@01CF42C0.CFE0E450]
The content of this message may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.
Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender and remove it from your system. While attachments to this
e-mail are checked for viruses, we do not accept any liability for any damage sustained by
viruses.
Before printing, think about the environment.