edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dlab...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Edgent Application possibilities on iot boards
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 20:50:02 GMT
Edgent based applications are able to run on any system that supports Java8, Java7, or Android.
According to [1] Java8 is a standard part of the OS distribution for Intel Edison boards so
they
should be able to run there.

— Dale

[1] https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/10/22/love-developing-in-java <https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/10/22/love-developing-in-java>

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 1:42 AM, MITTAL Aarushi <aarushi.mittal@soprasteria.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Team,
>
> Samantha Chan from IBM developments team gave me tis mailing list for queries on Edgent.
>
> I am currently working to implement an application created by the IBM team for a Smart
Sprinkler system.
> Here’s the link :
> https://github.com/IBMStreams/streamsx.waterConservation.starterKit/blob/master/com.ibm.streamsx.smartsprinkler.edgent/README.md
<https://github.com/IBMStreams/streamsx.waterConservation.starterKit/blob/master/com.ibm.streamsx.smartsprinkler.edgent/README.md>

> I have only 1 raspberry pi 3 and its being used up by for some other project.
> I also have an intel Edison seed kit , a libellium waspmote and an Arduino uno.
>
> Please suggest the possibility of running an Edgent Application on an iot board , other
than a raspberry pi.
> I have successfully created a simulation of the entire Sprinkler application.
>
> Now I need to do the hardware part till Friday(7th of July ) .
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Aarushi Mittal
> IOT, Digital Transformation Team
>
> Sopra Steria
> A-67, Sector 64
> Noida 201301 - U.P. India
> Mobile: +91-7065508866
> aarushi.mittal@soprasteria.com <mailto:aarushi.mittal@soprasteria.com> - www.soprasteria.in
<http://www.soprasteria.in/>

> The content of this message may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by
law. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful. If you are not
the intended recipient please notify the sender and remove it from your system. While attachments
to this e-mail are checked for viruses, we do not accept any liability for any damage sustained
by viruses.