edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Jquery, JqueryUI and D3
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:02:29 GMT
Hi,

The README under the console/servlets can be believed!

I just did a diff between the current version of sankey.js here: https://github.com/d3/d3-sankey/tree/master/src
<https://github.com/d3/d3-sankey/tree/master/src>  and the sankey_edgent.js file under
console/servlets.

There are many changes, but I believe most of them are due to the continued development of
sankey.js.  It was updated as recently as about a month ago.
I don’t recall if I made any substantial changes when I originally worked on this - I may
have just removed functions that I was not using.

With that said if we modify the build to use sankey.js I volunteer to test it with the console.

Susan

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 5:13 AM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Chris, I agree with your general sentiment.  Don’t know how difficult it will be to
get there, downloading/bundling only what’s really desired - generally we've tried to avoid
bloat. If non-trivial, maybe this is something we can/should address after the maven conversion
(track with a JIRA)?

> If console/servlets/README is to be believed, only one of the files (sankey_edgent.js)
is a modified file from d3.  Presumably one can do a diff against the noted original to see
what was changed.

> Susan Cline, can you clarify?
>
> — Dale
>
>> On Jul 12, 2017, at 7:05 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that the “servlets” module also contains HTML, JavaScript and CSS (Eventually
better to call it webapp instead of servlets). The JS and CSS seems to be mainly copied from
Jquery, JqueryUI and D3 distribution … how about not checking this code in with our code,
but have it downloaded and added as part of the build?

>> One thing I did notice, was a comment about a modified version of these libs - without
mentioning what the changes were. Does anyone remember what these changes were and why they
were needed? I personally don’t like copying code of other projects and checking that in
with another project.