edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: What's left to do for Maven migration?
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2017 18:05:29 GMT
Hi,

I just pushed a change that includes my improved jar-free version of the maven-wrapper that
should be 100% compliant with Apache Release rules.
It’s currently the exact same version I submitted as pull-request for the maven-wrapper
project, but as the scripts are duplicated and checked in anyway, I thought I’d just go
ahead and add them to Edgent.
My first tests were perfect :-)

So now, if you checked out Edgent and have JAVA_HOME set all you need to do, is run:

./mvnw clean install

and it will download the maven version, install it and use it. So you can now reduce the requirements
to having Java 8 Installed.

One thing I noticed today – as I’m currently setting up my new laptop – is that it’s
no longer trivial to get a Java 7 JDK.
I will try to figure out how to setup the toolchain to support building Java 7 with only Java
8 in the next few days … hopefully it will be as easy as defining a java 7 JDK which points
to the Java 8 version.

Chris