edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jquery, JqueryUI and D3
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 12:13:52 GMT
Chris, I agree with your general sentiment.  Don’t know how difficult it will be to get there,
downloading/bundling only what’s really desired - generally we've tried to avoid bloat.
If non-trivial, maybe this is something we can/should address after the maven conversion (track
with a JIRA)?

If console/servlets/README is to be believed, only one of the files (sankey_edgent.js) is
a modified file from d3.  Presumably one can do a diff against the noted original to see what
was changed.

Susan Cline, can you clarify?

— Dale

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 7:05 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the “servlets” module also contains HTML, JavaScript and CSS (Eventually
better to call it webapp instead of servlets). The JS and CSS seems to be mainly copied from
Jquery, JqueryUI and D3 distribution … how about not checking this code in with our code,
but have it downloaded and added as part of the build?

> One thing I did notice, was a comment about a modified version of these libs - without
mentioning what the changes were. Does anyone remember what these changes were and why they
were needed? I personally don’t like copying code of other projects and checking that in
with another project.