edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to stop or remove a topology, a application
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 16:26:19 GMT

> On Jul 30, 2017, at 11:24 PM, xiong qin <qinxiong2111@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, i am interested in egdent. After running IotAppServiceTest.java, I have
> a question: how to stop or remove a topology, a application?

Just in case there’s a misunderstanding, that test is not doing something that a normal
Edgent application would likely do.
An Edgent app that wanted to leverage the JsonControlService/AppService capabilities would
more likely utilize the IotProvider [1]

But in response to your question, you can use a job close/stop JSON device command request
to stop it.
The app/job submission request includes the “name” that the jobs is to be given.  That
name identifies the job in close/stop request.

Click on the PACKAGE tab on the IotProvider javadoc page [1] for a description of those two
requests.

A newer not-yet-released more complete version of the table is available in the GitHub at
[2]

[1] https://edgent.apache.org/javadoc/latest/org/apache/edgent/providers/iot/IotProvider.html
<https://edgent.apache.org/javadoc/latest/org/apache/edgent/providers/iot/IotProvider.html>
[2] https://github.com/dlaboss/incubator-edgent/blob/master/providers/iot/src/main/java/org/apache/edgent/providers/iot/package-info.java