edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: maven and distribution bundles with transitive deps: licensing&notice
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 07:57:32 GMT
Ok ... that wen’t away too fast …

Here’s the link:
https://github.com/chrisdutz/maven-wrapper/commit/b0487654b032ee59446919f22c01c2235d8c4e93

Hopefully my colleagues will help me make it solid and perfect :-)

Chris

Am 13.07.17, 08:48 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Hi Dale,

    I just tested your script and it worked perfectly :-)

    Regarding your observations:
    - You mentioned in another post, that I should exclude any transitive dependency of Kafka
… The only valid reason I could see to need this, if using Edgent in an environment in which
Kafka is provided by other means. The Maven way to handle such a situation is to mark that
dependency “provided” in which case it is used during compilation, but is excluded from
being pulled in automatically … like the servlet-api jars which usually are provided by
every servlet container.
    - I’ll investigate why the animal-sniffer-annotations and alike are included … I guess
they shouldn’t. The reason for a different Jetty version in Java7, is that the version used
in java8 is not compatible with java7, so I had to go back to the newest Jetty version that
supports Java7.

    Just forked the Maven-Wrapper project and will start working on a version of it that works
without a checked in jar. Any other solution (excluding jar from the release) sounds like
a hack and it would break the one requirement of Apache releases, that you should be able
to download and unpack the release and simply run it to reproduce the same results. I guess
the changes to the wrapper needed here are minimal and if we had them all Apache projects
could easily use that versions without any problems.

    Chris