edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Java7 compatability issue in analytics/sensors
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 06:22:43 GMT
Hi Dale,

Ok … so to me it sounds like I should simply move the android directory to the android platform
part of the build - So it’s only built, when building the android distribution. Then to
remove it from the java7 platform. That should be all from a build point of view. I could
duplicate the pom-only modules of java7 in android to give them a matching groupId, but the
artifacts should be identical from the ones in java7 and they would add a lot of additional
time for running the tests twice for java7. I think we shouldn’t do that.

What’s still missing is the (binary-) distributions themselves. While with Maven we would
be ready to go to start building Edgent applications, when using Ant or other - more manual
tools – a regular distribution package, bundling jars and scripts is probably preferable.
This is handled by so-called “assemblies” … I would handle building android, java7 and
java8 distributions with dedicated assembly modules.

Chris

PS: By the way … are there any other Edgent developers? It seems quite quiet here on the
list, if you subtract my email-spam ;-)

Am 19.06.17, 22:58 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:

    > On Jun 19, 2017, at 4:20 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
    > If you could write down exactly what the difference is between java8/7 and android,
then I could probably finish that tomorrow.

    Android is our j7 platform release with these changes:
      - will not support due to no JMX support (ideally exclude artifacts for these)
    	edgent.api.developent
    	edgent.runtime.jmxcontrol
    	edgent.console.servlets
    	edgent.console.server