edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 13:37:04 GMT
Thanks for all the progress!

It’s a little unsettling to not be able to run the regression unit/functional tests w/1.7
:-)

If the local mvn repo has the up-to-date built 1.7 compat Edgent jars and the local workspace
has the up-to-date built 1.7 compat test class files,  why doesn’t running “mvn test -Pjava7”
w/1.7 just reuse them?

— Dale

> On Jun 12, 2017, at 7:35 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Ok … so I’m working on the open issues … I do have one question though …
> Compiling with one java version and then running a different one with the tests will
be challenging, if not impossible.
> What I did a while ago was to introduce the animal-sniffer plugin. This very strictly
checks the resulting class files against the signatures for a given JDK to ensure the classes
would work in that particular JDK. Would this be enough for you? It’s what we settled for
in the Flex project. In the past we did have to re-release stuff because even if we compiled
to output 1.7 code, the code wasn’t runnable on 1.7. Since introducing the animal-sniffer
plugin we never had problems like this again.