edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 21:18:50 GMT
ugh.  There are ~160 lines of this every time you run a mvn cmd…  and I hadn’t noticed
the:

[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability
of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed
projects.
[WARNING]

Sounds pretty ominous.

Seems to me like people will quickly tire of / get annoyed by this.
Might it be a lesser of evils to put the java17 in the groupId instead?

— Dale

> On Jun 15, 2017, at 11:55 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately we have to live with that.
> Using variables for the versions can cause problems. In our case I made sure they don't.
But we need that in order to create the java 8 and java 7 packages.

> But Maven tends to be over careful.
>
> Chris
>

> Von meinem Samsung Galaxy Smartphone gesendet.

> Von: Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com>
> Datum: 15.06.17 17:19 (GMT+01:00)
> An: dev@edgent.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
>
> I just pulled down the latest PR contents into a new clone.  I get a bunch of warnings
like the one below (but things work).

> mvn clean install
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.apache.edgent.analytics:edgent-analytics-sensors:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
> [WARNING] 'version' contains an expression but should be a constant. @ org.apache.edgent.analytics:edgent-analytics-sensors:${edgent.version},
/Users/dlaboss/git/incubator-edgen\