edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:09:41 GMT

> On Jun 13, 2017, at 10:16 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Right now, I am still having issues running all Tests in the java7 version … math3
is sort of causing issues, I haven’t quite figured out why.

Edgent’s java7 platform support doesn’t include everything in the java8 platform.  See
https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/master/JAVA_SUPPORT.md

For the most part I’m not quite sure why that is.  In some cases I think it was just “we’ll
confirm module/project xyz works on java7 when there’s a demonstrated demand for it.”

I see math3 is one such module, hence it hasn’t been getting included/tested in the java7
config.  See the commentary in https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/master/platform/java7/build.xml#L118
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/master/platform/java7/build.xml#L118>

The same is true for the android platform support, though apparently JMX isn’t supported
on android so that explains some of its exclusions.  See https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/master/platform/android/build.xml#L41
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/master/platform/android/build.xml#L41>

The net is that some conditionalization of what’s included in java7 and android is needed.

— Dale