edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 19:06:56 GMT
Hi,

Right now I didn't configure anything regarding the assembly of the source artifact. It's
apaches default config. I'll look into a more fine-tuned version.

And regarding the artifact name ... Justin suggested that change, but 90% of the other projects
don't do it that way. I was waiting for your opinions before doing that. It does make the
dependencies a lot more verbose. After all you can't use the artifacts without the groupId
"org.apache.effect" which includes "apache" and "edgent".

But sure, I'll change that if you all want me to.

Chris

Von: Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com>
Datum: 07.06.17 18:45 (GMT+01:00)
An: dev@edgent.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process

OK, so mvn install -Papache-release generates the source release bundle zip.

I poked around for a while but couldn’t come up with the incantation
needed to start excluding things from the zip.  e.g., the zip includes
all of the residual gradle generated **/build/

Chris, can you enhance the configs so as to exclude the various
things that the gradle build was configured to exclude?
See top level build.gradle/srcReleaseTarGz task.
Also exclude src/site (that present in the zip too), right?

The generated zip’s name is:
      target/edgent-parent-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-source-release.zip

“edgent-parent” ?  today we, I thought correctly, have “apache-edgent” there.
Also, the required “incubating” is missing in the release bundle name.

Thanks,
— Dale

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 10:35 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Checking our repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/#view-repositories;releases~browsestorage
>
> I can see that fewer than about 10% of all apache projects do that … But I wouldn’t
mind adding that, if the others agree.

> Chris
>

> Am 07.06.17, 14:54 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com>:
>
>    Hi,
>
>    While not a requirement prefixing with apache may add some legal protection and is
good from a branding point of of view.