edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 18:59:08 GMT
Thanks, I’ve pulled it into my workspace and started to explore.
— Dale

> On Jun 2, 2017, at 11:26 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> So, I just create a PR as I think I am currently finished with everything I wanted to
fix.

> Edgent should now be buildable with Maven command. At least I managed to get the travis
build working with maven ☺

> Here some structural changes I did. I refactored the project and extracted the TestApplications.java
together with its service descriptor into a dedicated module located in the test submodule.
Wherever a jar was referenced for dynamically loading, now I don’t reference the jar where
it’s created during the build, I use the maven-dependency plugin to copy it to a location
local to the current module and simply load it from there. This way I didn’t have to deal
with any too complicated classpath lookups. I could not only run the tests as part of the
Maven build, but also directly inside my IDE (IntellIJ).

> Now some helpful maven commands:
>
> Simply build the project running all unit tests:
>
>    mvn clean install
>
> Deploy SNAPSHOTS in Apaches Maven repository:
>
>    mvn clean deploy
>
> Additionally, build and deploy source and javadoc artifacts (all signed and require correct
pgp setup on the client side):

>    mvn clean deploy -Papache-release
>
> Build without running tests:
>
>    mvn clean install -DskipTests
>
> The site generation still needs some love as it would currently run all test twice.
>
> Please have a look at this.
>
> Chris
>

> Am 31.05.17, 18:41 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:
>
>    Christofer, can you create a [WIP] PR for this work?  Then I’ll have a context from
which I can review / ask stupid nubie questions :-)

>    Also, what’s the executive summary for running maven to build a release (or at least
all of the jars) using this work?  And to run the tests?  I’d like to pull the changes into
my workspace and really see what’s generated, etc

“feature/maven” branch of my fork on github: https://github.com/chrisdutz/incubator-edgent/tree/feature/maven
<https://github.com/chrisdutz/incubator-edgent/tree/feature/maven>