edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 12:42:20 GMT
Thx for the cleanup for Eclipse.

> On Jun 15, 2017, at 7:09 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> ...It seems as if some unit-tests tend to fail in random intervals. Right now, I had
3 Travis runs without any functional changes and I got failures on 3 different places. Is
this “normal”? If yes … I think I should start identifiying the “random failers”
and investigate the reason.

What were the failing tests?

MqttOpenTest and Http[Global]Test use external public servers and can be impacted by them.
 An attempt has been made to desensitize them (e.g., trying to connect and then skipping instead
of failing tests) but sometimes things seem to leak through.

All of the tests have time limits imposed and will “fail" if they don’t complete in time
(some have had more narrow limits than others).  I’ve seen these sort of failures on occasion
such as when the test system is heavily loaded.

— Dale