edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 09:16:57 GMT
Just have a look at the last few builds on Travis that my pull request initiated. You will
see it failing with different tests every time I ran the build even if nothing changed (I
think in the last commit I simply removed a space in one of the poms).

Was successful …

After moving some tests from Unit-Test to Integration-Test phase:
Failure in module “Apache Edgent: Providers: Development”
- DevelopmentPlumbingTest>PlumbingTest.testParallelBalanced:628

After adding the explice lifecycle mapping plugin config (has no effect on the build)
Failure in module “Apache Edgent: Connectors: WSClient Websocket”
- [ERROR]   WebSocketClientGlobalTest>WebSocketClientTest.testReconnect:359->TopologyAbstractTest.completeAndValidate:82->TopologyAbstractTest.completeAndValidate:98
 contents:[一, 二, 四]
- [ERROR]   WebSocketClientGlobalTest>WebSocketClientTest.testSslReconnect:571->TopologyAbstractTest.completeAndValidate:82->TopologyAbstractTest.completeAndValidate:98
 contents:[一, 二, 四]

After removing a simple space character in a pom
Failure in module “Apache Edgent: Providers: Direct”
- [ERROR]   DirectPlumbingTest>PlumbingTest.testPressureReliever:194 delay:TAI:332@380

So it seems that there is a hand full of tests that could need some hardening …

Chris

Am 15.06.17, 14:42 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:

    Thx for the cleanup for Eclipse.

    > On Jun 15, 2017, at 7:09 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
    > ...It seems as if some unit-tests tend to fail in random intervals. Right now, I
had 3 Travis runs without any functional changes and I got failures on 3 different places.
Is this “normal”? If yes … I think I should start identifiying the “random failers”
and investigate the reason.

    What were the failing tests?

    MqttOpenTest and Http[Global]Test use external public servers and can be impacted by them.
 An attempt has been made to desensitize them (e.g., trying to connect and then skipping instead
of failing tests) but sometimes things seem to leak through.

    All of the tests have time limits imposed and will “fail" if they don’t complete in
time (some have had more narrow limits than others).  I’ve seen these sort of failures on
occasion such as when the test system is heavily loaded.

    — Dale