edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 20:43:26 GMT
Chris, I started to try to get Eclipse working with the maven PR-309 changes.  Making some
progress.

At a high level, I removed all existing .project and .classpath Eclipse files from my local
git clone.
Then I created a new Eclipse workspace and did an “Import existing Maven Projects”.
Eclipse then created a .project and .classpath from the poms.
Seemingly all good stuff.  And presumably analogous to importing a maven project into IntelliJ.

But I have 3 build problems and 66 (mostly pom.xml related) warnings.

What do you make of these warnings in the top-level pom.xml?   Googling seems to tell me that
the “Overriding managed version” warnings are because the top-level pom.xml is overriding
the versions for the plugins inherited from the parent pom.xml (org.apache:apache:18 ???)
???

There are a lot (every project/module I assume) of these:

Any thoughts on the 3 errors?

the full error msgs are:

— Dale