edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: mvn, Edgent samples, and the broader app development and packaging topic
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 14:03:04 GMT
The examples are something I’m currently working on …

They will work differently than right now (definitely no classpath in the Manifest).

In Maven there are several ways to do this … I’ll have to dig into how the samples are
run to find out how to do it in an ideal way.

I have also seen the current way things are bundled in the binaries … I also think changing
this would be a good idea as the way it is handled now forces the directory structure on the
users. I wouldn’t like to do that. I would much more prefer a directory with edgent artifacts
and an “ext” directory containing external dependencies and passing in an individual classpath
to the applications. … but as I said … I’ll have to dig a little more into the examples.
First I’ll finish the android modules.

Chris