edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 15:26:21 GMT
Hi,

So, I just create a PR as I think I am currently finished with everything I wanted to fix.

Edgent should now be buildable with Maven command. At least I managed to get the travis build
working with maven ☺

Here some structural changes I did. I refactored the project and extracted the TestApplications.java
together with its service descriptor into a dedicated module located in the test submodule.
Wherever a jar was referenced for dynamically loading, now I don’t reference the jar where
it’s created during the build, I use the maven-dependency plugin to copy it to a location
local to the current module and simply load it from there. This way I didn’t have to deal
with any too complicated classpath lookups. I could not only run the tests as part of the
Maven build, but also directly inside my IDE (IntellIJ).

Now some helpful maven commands:

Simply build the project running all unit tests:

    mvn clean install

Deploy SNAPSHOTS in Apaches Maven repository:

    mvn clean deploy

Additionally, build and deploy source and javadoc artifacts (all signed and require correct
pgp setup on the client side):

    mvn clean deploy -Papache-release

Build without running tests:

    mvn clean install -DskipTests

The site generation still needs some love as it would currently run all test twice.

Please have a look at this.

Chris