edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: mvn, Edgent samples, and the broader app development and packaging topic
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:22:25 GMT
That only seems to work for deploying things and not for downloading them :-(

Chris

Am 27.06.17, 17:01 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:

    A brief search turned up https://github.com/simpligility/maven-repository-tools/tree/master/maven-repository-provisioner
<https://github.com/simpligility/maven-repository-tools/tree/master/maven-repository-provisioner>
    I cursory look at its README makes it sound almost exactly like what I was hoping for…
except it looks like it may only copy out to another repo and not offer an “copy out to
arbitrary dir” sort of mode :-)  I’ll have to look more closely.

    > On Jun 27, 2017, at 10:51 AM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >> On Jun 27, 2017, at 9:28 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

    >> Regarding the assembly,
    >>
    >> The way the build is currently setup, we would be distributing jars via Apaches
Maven Repo which is synced with Maven Central. So, everyone using maven would easily be able
to use these. But if someone isn’t using Maven or Ivy with a Maven resolver or Gradle with
a Maven resolver, they would have to either build Edgent locally or manually download all
the jars from Maven Central. I don’t think people would like that. I know of quite a few
that would be used to creating an Eclipse project with a libs directory, which they simply
copy a set of jars into. For that type of user, a binary distribution would be beneficial.

    > Yes, I completely understand that overall use case / need.  I’d just like to address
it without actually distributing a composite binary bundle :-)
    > Instead I’d like to just give / tell them a way to be able to just easily “get”
the jars/deps that we will already be distributing in repos.