edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Let's switch for GitHub for our primary repo!
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 20:26:16 GMT
Hi,

I’m just asking, because the Flex project started with SVN and we migrated to ASF GIT. Now
we have the GitHub mirrors setup and can process Pull requests etc. But it’s not our main
repo. Our main repo is the ASF one.

Are you sure you can really use the Merge button on pull requests? Wouldn’t this require
deeper access to Github. We currently do things by sending commands to close pull requests
etc. in the commit messages. So, if we say: “closes #238” the ASF bots close the pull
requests for us. If things have changed, this might be interesting for the Flex Project too.

In general, these types of migrations are really easy … just create one of the Infra tickets
and things happen automatically. I think they even have issue templates for things like this.

And regarding help … The sort of thing I do quite a lot in my paid job and here at Apache,
is build systems cleanup … my speciality are Maven migrations. Reading other emails it looked
a little complicated with your current Gradle setup … want any help in that … just ask
;-)

Looking forward do digging deeper into this (

Chris