edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Understanding the snapshot and release process
Date Sun, 28 May 2017 14:03:28 GMT
Hi guys,

Strange people these Germans … if it rains, they complain about it and how much they would
like to go swimming in the sun … now that it’s 32° and the sun is shining, no one wants
to go swimming, cause it’s too fu***g hot ;-) … well this way I had some time to finish
the maven migration … I just pushed the changes to the “feature/maven” branch of my
fork on github: https://github.com/chrisdutz/incubator-edgent/tree/feature/maven

Here a short list on what little monsters I found siting under some rocks:

1) Usage of test-jars --> Bad practice → Move code to separate test-util jar module
2) AppServiceTest in provides/direct relies on system-properties to load jar produced by another
module → Ideally this should be refactored to find the jar on the classpath
3) HttpServerTest in console/server relies on console.war
4) console/servlets module compiled to something with a name completely unrelated to the project
5) test/svt requires samples project → Some modules rely on samples. While I think, this
is ok for Samples themselves, nothing outside the samples should rely on samples (my opinion)
6) Almost all tests relying on successful SSL handshakes in wsclient-javax.websocket are failing
(I’ll investigate this as soon as I have time, I could imagine this to be related to non
US JVM encryption issues we are also seeing in the Flex project)
7) Some unit-tests should more be integration-tests

I didn’t migrate the stuff in “platform” as I didn’t quite understand what they are
used for and what they should do.

Hope you like the changes. With a build like this it should be easy to setup the CI to auto
distribute SNAPSHOTs and execute releases on ASF machines with a simple one or two-liner.

Chris