edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to add Edgent as a dependency using gradle
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 13:36:16 GMT
I now noticed the mavenLocal info is mentioned in DEVELOPMENT.md [1]  :-)

The Overview doc [2] (scroll to the bottom) describes what you need to add to a classpath
to but doesn’t generally describe how to achieve that for different build environments.
Still, maybe it’s worth providing a link to that gradle info there?  An opportunity to contribute!
:-)

Additionally, seems like it would be nice if there was some doc/help on how to populate a
mavenLocal repo from a binary-release - e.g., include a gradle script in the binary release
that will do that. Or maybe provide some gradle script that a project could just include that
essentially just defines a “repository” (jars and metadata) so that the project can express
the dependency in the normal way but not have to populate a mavenLocal repository.  Don’t
know if that sort of thing is possible :-)

Feel free to file a JIRA [3] requesting enhancements.

Regardless pls share what you eventually came up with.

Thanks,
— Dale

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/master/DEVELOPMENT.md#publish-to-maven-repository
[2] https://edgent.apache.org/javadoc/latest/ <https://edgent.apache.org/javadoc/latest/>