edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Edgent status report updates
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 23:13:01 GMT
Hi,

> 1) *Are there three or more independent committers?*(The legal definition of independent
is long and boring, but basically it means that there is no binding relationship between the
individuals, such as a shared employer, that is capable of overriding their free will as individuals,
directly or indirectly.)

Having a single shared employer can be a concern but project have graduated without this diversity
so it’s not a hard requirement. For a smallish project like this it may be fine.

> 2) *Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by all of the committers?*

I think this is a hang over from where is was expected that incubating projects were expected
to come up with bylaws. That’s no longer the case. What would be good to see if a document
on what’s required to become a committer (if we don’t already have one).

Thanks,
Justin