edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dlab...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Edgent smart city
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 18:39:01 GMT
Sounds interesting!   We don’t have any samples or such related to smart cities scenarios.
There is a lot of general documentation and recipes [1] and samples [2],[3] that you may find
helpful.  We like to think the javadoc is also pretty good :-)

As you may have noticed Edgent is very general purpose and extensible.  And we’re here to
help if there are any enhancements your use case needs / will benefit from.  Maybe you’ll
be able to contribute to samples or enhancements/doc to Edgent!

For your use case, the first item that comes to my mind is what enterprise IoT hub will your
devices/iot-gateway be connecting to?

Hope that helps and keep the questions coming!

— Dale

[1] https://edgent.apache.org/docs/home <https://edgent.apache.org/docs/home>  - open
the Edgent Cookbook section on the left
[2] https://edgent.apache.org/javadoc/latest/ <https://edgent.apache.org/javadoc/latest/>
 - scroll down to the “Samples” section
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/tree/master/samples <https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/tree/master/samples>
> On Feb 21, 2017, at 10:28 AM, Badraddin Alturki <badraddin_alturki@icloud.com>
wrote:
> I would like to build smart car parking in the IoT. I would like to know do you have
samples programs in smart city or do you have case studies in smart city.