edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmars...@apache.org>
Subject What do we still need to be ready for graduation?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 16:20:42 GMT
Hello Edgent Community and especially committers and ppmc members,

The incubator PMC is engaging in a "Podling Graduation Rally"  and has
identified Edgent as appearing to be ready to graduate[1].  So the
question is: What do you as a community feel we still need to do to be
ready?   I would recommend the following steps before graduation.

1) Attract at least  a third independent committer/ppmc member.
2) Do a second release to show the process is repeatable (under way).
3) Complete the Maturity Model [1]. (There are just a couple security
items that I felt someone with better knowledge of the product should
address QU20 and QU30)
4) Prepare a graduation resolution.
5) Secure a volunteer to complete the graduation infrastructure steps
once voted in.

Are there other items we should address?

Any volunteers for the items above?

Any members of the community out there that would like to contribute and
work toward being a committer on the project? Please let us know your
interests and I am sure the community would be willing to help you.

Best

Kathey

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201702.mbox/%3CCAOqetn8-Y55KLoqx8dO9wR9go33U8BM_zo9D_VsAvdjbqUpe9g%40mail.gmail.com%3E