edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmars...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Edgent status report updates
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 00:03:04 GMT
On 2/9/17 3:13 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:

>> 1) *Are there three or more independent committers?*(The legal definition of independent
is long and boring, but basically it means that there is no binding relationship between the
individuals, such as a shared employer, that is capable of overriding their free will as individuals,
directly or indirectly.)

> Having a single shared employer can be a concern but project have graduated without this
diversity so it’s not a hard requirement. For a smallish project like this it may be fine.

I will put an update on our progress.  I would be interested to hear
from the committers whether they think we should pursue graduation by
explaining rather than checking off this item.

>> 2) *Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by all of the committers?*
>
> I think this is a hang over from where is was expected that incubating projects were
expected to come up with bylaws. That’s no longer the case. What would be good to see if
a document on what’s required to become a committer (if we don’t already have one).

Thanks Justin, I will just point to the Apache voting page for that
question then.  We have this page for How to become a committer. Do you
think that is sufficient?

http://edgent.incubator.apache.org/docs/committers

Best

Kathey