edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmars...@apache.org>
Subject Edgent status report updates
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 17:31:23 GMT
Hello All,

I was getting ready to update our status page at[1]:

I think we can check off the items under "Verify Distribution Rights"
as that work I think was done as part of our first release. I  will
check these off tomorrow unless I hear concerns.

Regarding the questions on the Status page, I think we need to address
the following ones before we graduate.

1) *Are there three or more independent committers?*(The legal
definition of independent is long and boring, but basically it means
that there is no binding relationship between the individuals, such as a
shared employer, that is capable of overriding their free will as
individuals, directly or indirectly.)

On this point, I am really hoping there are folks lurking out there that
want to get involved or other folks will soon join. I think the
community is really doing a good job of being open and welcoming. Please
try to communicate to your friends, colleagues and associates about
Edgent and that we really want to grow our community.

2) *Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by all of
the committers?*

Does someone want to volunteer to propose to the community these
guidelines and put them on the website?

These  are the Apache guidelines [2]  I think we could probably just
have something short and point off to this page.

In addition to the status page. There is more information about
graduation here [3].

Best

Kathey

[1] - http://incubator.apache.org/projects/edgent.html