edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Edgent 1.1.0-incubating release
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 14:09:52 GMT
Yup.

Creating and staging another RC is a pretty trivial / fast thing to do.
It’s many fewer project person cycles compared to everyone testing / verifying the release
branch
and then redoing much of that again against the actual staged RC bundles.

— Dale

> On Feb 26, 2017, at 10:13 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I’m going to try a modified workflow this time in an attempt to eliminate the duplicate
testing effort that occurred between the “release branch” testing during DISCUSS and the

>> subsequent staged RC validation that occurred during VOTE.  Perform the testing on
the staged RC now and you will not have to perform that again as part of the RC VOTE.

> Sounds fine by me. Just be aware if any issues are found you’ll need to make another
RC.