edgent-dev mailing list archives

From William Marshall <wcmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Edgent website analytics
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 19:57:07 GMT
Hi All,

In the interest of learning more about how users interact with the Edgent
site, I added a google analytics snippet to our landing and documentation
pages. This was hasty, and should have been discussed on the mailing list
first, so I have since backed out the changes.

I'd like to have a discussion about:
A) Should we include analytics on our site?
B) On what account should the data be stored, and how should access be
controlled?
C) Are there more general concerns? Dan brought up that both Apex and
Apache include privacy disclaimers and linked to this JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXCORE-553

It should have been discussed here first, and I apologize for committing
the changes without consulting the mailing list.

-Will