edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Edgent website analytics
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 20:11:34 GMT
On 1/5/2017 11:57 AM, William Marshall wrote:

> I'd like to have a discussion about:
> A) Should we include analytics on our site?
> B) On what account should the data be stored, and how should access be
> controlled?
> C) Are there more general concerns? Dan brought up that both Apex and
> Apache include privacy disclaimers and linked to this JIRA:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXCORE-553

Seems many Apache projects have Google Analytics and they all seem to
have a 'privacy-policy.html' at the root of their site.

I couldn't find any general guidance on the topic.

I'm +1 to adding Google Analytics with a privacy policy statement.

I'm not sure about how access to the data should be resolved. Does it
matter if it's open to everyone?

Dan.