edgent-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Saccone" <RobSacc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject iOS Version of Edgent?
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 21:51:10 GMT
Hello,

I am writing to see if there is interest in the Apache Edgent community
for an implementation that is equivalent to Edgent but for iOS.  Because
Edgent is implemented in Java it cannot be used on iOS devices.  My group
is interested an edge analytics engine for iOS because we think there are
use cases for around the Healthcare Domain. An iOS implementation would be
capable of running on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV devices and would likely
be implemented in Swift.  If you are interested I'd appreciate hearing
back on what you're interest level is, potential use cases you think it
might apply to, and any requirements that you feel such an implementation
should provide.

Regards,
Rob Saccone
IBM Watson Group