edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Edgent 1.0.0 Release RC2
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 20:01:14 GMT
Hi,

> Reviewing the files in licenses/binary-license again I see there are some cases where
we’ve included a “standard” NOTICE file (one lacking any additional attributions) for
some AL-2.0 licensed dependencies.  Justin, should these AL-2.0 “standard” NOTICES be
included?

If it missing a NOTICE that's one way of dealing with it, you could also choose to add nothing
or politely ask the upstream project to add a NOTICE file that you could then use.

> As for some AL-2.0 licensed dependencies where we haven’t included a NOTICE, at least
in some (all?) cases the dependency simply lacks a NOTICE or notice-like file.

Only the required bits of each NOTICE are needed.

The NOTICE file could be improved but it good enough for a first release IMO.

Thanks,
Justin