edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Edgent 1.0.0 release
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 18:04:00 GMT
Hi,

I’ve been on holiday and only just had a chance to take a look at the release.

Sorry but it’s -1 (binding) from me due to the artefact names missing incubating and we
have unexpected binaries in the source release

I checked:
- incubating is not in name.  See 3.1 of [1]
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is missing a permissive license (MIT licensed Sizzle.js bundled in jQuery and jQuery
UI)
- NOTICE is good
- There are two jar files in the release. See 3.6 of [1] both of these contain compiled source
code which is not allowed.
- All source files have apache headers
- Can compile from source (there a couple of java doc warning that you may want to look into)

The two jar files are:
+ edgent-1.0.0-src/.gradle-wrapper/gradle-wrapper.jar
+ edgent-1.0.0-src/api/topology/test.classes/edgent.api.topology.APPS.TEST.jar

There a couple of other projects that have had the same issue with the griddle wrapper jar
I’ll need to look up how they sorted that out.

I also suspect the binary NOTICE file need a little work as the way you are including the
apache license notice file is not common, but it probably fine for a first release.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html#checklist