edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Edgent 1.0.0 release
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 15:45:31 GMT
Can one or more of the Edgent Console authors please take ownership of EDGENT-305 [1] and do
some verification testing of it on the release1.0.0 branch.  I’ve done some basic verification
on java8 but something more complete is needed.

Good progress has been made on the overall release work (EDGENT-277 [2]) and now we need to
start fleshing the rest out so I can initiate a successful vote on a release candidate.

[1]  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EDGENT-305 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EDGENT-305>
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EDGENT- <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EDGENT->277

Thanks,
— Dale

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 1:13 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Release branch master:release1.0.0 has been created and we’re now in the DISCUSS /
test release branch phase.

> You should be able to use your existing forks/clones to view, build and test the release
branch.
> At this point we don’t yet have a release candidate - I’ll do that after *our* initial
testing and other items in EDGENT-277 [3] have been addressed.
> You build your own images to test (“./gradlew release”).
>
> Raise any issues on this thread that you believe will impact the creation of and ultimate
acceptance of a release candidate.
> This includes lobbying for open JIRAs that you believe should be addressed.
>
> I’m soliciting contributors to help out and take ownership of sub-tasks in EDGENT-277
[3] that haven’t yet been assigned.
> Those items involving java7 and android platform testing will be particularly appreciated.
> Those items involving external things like the website and blogging have to wait until
the release is approved and made available but please accept the items now.