edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: binary release license info - some cause for concern?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2016 13:21:22 GMT
Got it.  It’s (optional) sample code that was written to require pi4J to compile and run.
So we’ll have to adjust things so the sample is neither built nor pi4J included in the binary
release.
— Dale

> On Oct 8, 2016, at 6:10 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
>> Is it allowable to compile against the pi4j jar?
>
> LGPL/GPL is not allowed as a dependancy in most cases so it not allowed if we bundle
it or not.

> Category X [1] can be used in a few cases, if it an optional dependancy [2] or a build
tools [3], but I think in this case it wouldn’t be allowed. If a user wants to use this
on Pi then that library would be required right?