edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache Edgent 1.0.0 release
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2016 17:13:26 GMT
Release branch master:release1.0.0 has been created and we’re now in the DISCUSS / test release
branch phase.

You should be able to use your existing forks/clones to view, build and test the release branch.
At this point we don’t yet have a release candidate - I’ll do that after *our* initial
testing and other items in EDGENT-277 [3] have been addressed.
You build your own images to test (“./gradlew release”).

Raise any issues on this thread that you believe will impact the creation of and ultimate
acceptance of a release candidate.
This includes lobbying for open JIRAs that you believe should be addressed.

I’m soliciting contributors to help out and take ownership of sub-tasks in EDGENT-277 [3]
that haven’t yet been assigned.
Those items involving java7 and android platform testing will be particularly appreciated.
Those items involving external things like the website and blogging have to wait until the
release is approved and made available but please accept the items now.
Thanks in advance!

Apache Edgent release process documentation:  [1] and [2].
JIRA EDGENT-277 [3] is tracking the release checklist items and their status.

— Dale

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/A+guide+to+the+Apache+Edgent+release+process
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/A+guide+to+the+Apache+Edgent+release+process>
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Release+Manager's+Guide <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Release+Manager's+Guide>