edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject [LAST CALL] Apache Edgent 1.0.0 release
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 19:40:08 GMT

I’ve been learning about the Apache release process and creating process documentation for
Edgent [1] and [2].
It’s still a WIP but it’s time to formally kick off the process!

The purpose of the [LAST CALL] thread is to let contributors wrap up work before the creation
of a release branch — a “Feature Freeze” reference point.
Following that we’ll enter a [DISCUSS] / release-branch testing phase.
Ultimately a release candidate will be created and a [VOTE] will be taken to decide if the
RC will be released.

JIRA EDGENT-277 [3] is tracking the release checklist items and their status.

Given the stablity and healthy state of the Edgent code base I’ll be creating the release
branch very shortly even though there are some known issues.
This will enable the community to participate in additional release activities as soon as
possible (and not block progress while I’m on vacation).  More on that in an upcoming DISCUSS
thread.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/A+guide+to+the+Apache+Edgent+release+process
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Release+Manager's+Guide <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Release+Manager's+Guide>
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EDGENT-277