edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Michiel Van Herwegen <mich...@michielvh.be>
Subject How to send device commands?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 13:26:58 GMT
I'm completely at a loss how sending commands works.
>From the related pieces i discovered in the code and javadoc, i gather that
the json message needs to adhere to the specifications here:
https://quarks.incubator.apache.org/javadoc/latest/org/apache/edgent/runtime/jsoncontrol/package-summary.html

But that does not clear up 2 further elements:
*First*, what topic to post on. The topic is formatted according to some
rules as i see it in the MqqtDevice:
{mqttDevice.topic.prefix}id/{mqttDevice.id}/cmd/{COMMAND}/fmt/json but it's
unclear to me how to identify the name of the command.

*Second*, where to get the MBean information from. Here my confusion may
come from one of the samples:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/master/samples/scenarios/src/main/java/org/apache/edgent/samples/scenarios/iotp/IotpFullScenario.java
It is explicitly stated that this example could be controlled through
device commands.
However, there is nowhere an MBean to be found there, nor in the folders
with the referenced sensors.
(i am aware that the sample is for iotp - i.e., IBM Watson - and not for
mqtt, but i'd assume that at least the message content would be similar)

So completely at a loss here. It would be great if someone could expand a
bit on the scenario.

Kind regards,
Michiel