edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Kathy Saunders <oskssaund...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Edgent Status Report
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 17:19:20 GMT
On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looks good to me.

> Any ideas on how to do this? Or any actions that could be taken to
> encourage community growth?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

I think we need to continue to be welcoming, but probably not enough.  My
feeling is that we need to get the word out further about Edgent.

I'm taking any opportunities I can find to tell people about Edgent, or
speak at events, if possible.  I've volunteered to speak at a Women in Big
Data event in October about participating at Apache.  I intend to encourage
people in attendance to look at the incubator projects as a great way to
get involved, and will use Edgent as an example.

I know we've had some Google meetups and I'd like to plan a meetup in San
Francisco soon.  There is a large data science group that meets at the
Galvanize facility, so I'm working to see if we can get on their agenda.

Does anyone else have ideas on how to get the word out for Edgent?

Kathy