edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Trying register an application via the registerJar command
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:48:54 GMT
I’m not sure what you mean by that.  In IotAppServiceTest.java I see that the registerJar
command adds these properties, that I may not have added:

submitApp.addProperty(JsonControlService.TYPE_KEY, ApplicationServiceMXBean.TYPE);
submitApp.addProperty(JsonControlService.ALIAS_KEY, ApplicationService.ALIAS);

… but I don’t think that is what you mean.

Are you saying there is an entry in the jar file that I need to make?  I.e, put something
in the META-INF directory of the jar file?

If so, can you please tell me where this is documented, or what I need to do?

Also, when you say ‘the correct service’ is it the JsonControlService?
Is the jar that needs an entry the one that is already running, or the one that is loaded
via the registerJar command?

Thanks,

Susan