edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject StreamScope and the console
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 20:50:49 GMT
Hi,

I’m trying to do the following:

If a user creates an application using a DevelopmentProvider display the tuples in a hover
that are flowing through a StreamScope oplet.

I’ve created a servlet that accepts requests when a user hovers over a StreamScope oplet
and I can get an instance of a StreamScopeMXBean.
But even though I call setEnabled(true) on the StreamScopeMXBean I never get any ‘samples’
when I call StreamScopeMXBean.getSamples().

Here is the simple code in the servlet:

			StreamScopeMXBean sScopeBean = StreamScopeUtil.getStreamScope(jobId, opletId, Integer.parseInt(outputPort));
			if (sScopeBean != null) {
				sScopeBean.setEnabled(true);
				System.out.println("is streamScopeMXBean enabled? " + sScopeBean.isEnabled());

				String sampleScope = sScopeBean.getSamples();
				System.out.println("sampleScope: " + sampleScope);
				Gson gson = new Gson();
		    		response.setContentType("application/json");
		    		response.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
		    		response.getWriter().write(gson.toJson(sampleScope));
			}

The output to the command line is:

is streamScopeMXBean enabled? true
sampleScope: []

What am I missing?  I think that if a DevelopmentProvider is used StreamScope oplets are inserted
into the graph, and I should not have to do anything else to get the sample?

Thanks,

Susan