edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Trying register an application via the registerJar command
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 17:11:04 GMT
On 9/14/2016 10:48 AM, Susan Cline wrote:

> Are you saying there is an entry in the jar file that I need to make?
>  I.e, put something in the META-INF directory of the jar file?

Yes, it's documented (with the assumption that the reader knows Jar
files) in the TopologyBuilder class and
ApplicationServiceMXBean.registerJar method. Basically each application
is registered as a TopologyBuilder service provider.

You can see the ant mechanism to build the jar file here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/b86179228c51bb81b85f5e0d0b588f211595d8d2/api/topology/build.xml#L45

and the gradle mechanism here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/3118af66956c55b5d3b54477751372fe6398a46d/api/topology/build.gradle#L21

Dan.