edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gradle / release question
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 15:42:07 GMT
Answered my own question.  I should have read the jira more closely.  It indicates the release
tgz is still to include the jars for ext dependencies.

— Dale

> On Aug 15, 2016, at 1:55 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> @ddebrunne, EDGENT-139 notes a goal is to remove external dependencies from the edgent
git repo, and presumably from a generated binary edgent-release.tgz ultimately available from
the edgent website.

> I’m unclear on what you imagined users of a binary external-dependency-less edgent-release.tgz
would do to create a working environment for say the “samples” included in that release
— so that ./runhelloworld.sh works.  Can you share your thoughts / weave a story for this?