edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Kathy Saunders <oskssaund...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback about project
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 18:54:56 GMT
Hi Ted,

I apologize that we missed the August report.  I will volunteer to make
sure that it happens for September.

I think a lot of the activity lately has been around 2 areas:

- Renaming Quarks to Edgent.  A lot of the commit activity just had to do
with updating the names in the code and the web site.  We had discussion on
list about the new name, voting, etc, but the actual work was pretty
straightforward, but pervasive.  My guess is a lot of the activity you've
seen is around name changes.  We don't have our infrastructure changes yet,
though, so have not completed the name change.

- Work to set up a Gradle build for Quarks.  There have been a few people
who have been doing most of the work there, but I've been seeing
conversation on list and on the Jira.  I don't think discussions are
happening off list, particularly with the timezone differences of those
involved.

To my knowledge, discussions are happening on list, but I will watch out
for any issues and encourage people to post to the list if I see any
problems.  If you notice anything specific you want to raise, please let us
know.

Regards,
Kathy