edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration Guide from Quarks to Edgent
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:00:35 GMT
https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/blob/master/README.md contains a brief section related
to this.  It notes that the package names and jar names have changed.  The implication is
that application code “import statements” and build scripts / rules need to be adjust
accordingly :-)

fwiw, it was also noted in an email on this list on July 21st "Re: Quarks to Edgent rename:
what you need to know”:

Following that merge, users of Edgent will need to adjust their classpath’s to use the jar
names that now start with “edgent” and adjust their “import” declarations to use the
“org.apache.edgent” package names.  It’s recommended that developers of Edgent create
a new workspace instead of reusing a current one.

I’m not aware of any additional migration-doc work planned.

If the migration of your apps involve more than that and/or if you think more needs to be
said on the subject please let us know… or submit a PR with improvements to README.md  :-)

— Dale