edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Kathy Saunders <oskssaund...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quarks to Edgent rename: what you need to know
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 04:34:36 GMT
On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We’ll be in a state of transition until all of the pieces arrive.
>
> THE PLAN IS TO MERGE THE incubator-quarks REPO CHANGES
> TOMORROW, July 20th @ 11:00 AM EST.
>
> Following that merge, users of Edgent will need to adjust their
> classpath’s to use the jar names that now start with “edgent” and adjust
> their “import” declarations to use the “org.apache.edgent” package names.
> It’s recommended that developers of Edgent create a new workspace instead
> of reusing a current one.
>
> More status / plan info:
> - infrastructure
>     - changes to rename the repos, mailing lists, etc have been submitted
> and are still pending
> - incubator-quarks-website repo: QUARKS-233
>     - will be updated shortly announcing the name change is coming and
> what to expect
>     - most other changes are awaiting the infrastructure changes
> - incubator-quarks repo: QUARKS-232
>     - PR-168 contains all of the changes.  See the Jira for the link.
>     - package names have the prefix “org.apache.edgent”.  jar names have
> the prefix “edgent"
>     - The automated travis.ci tests are passing.  Manual spot checks of
> the javadoc, samples, and console have been done.
>     - will merge on July 20th @ 11:00 AM EST
>
> — Dale

Hi Dale,

I was advised that we could do this, but just got the following on the
infrastructure request that I filed:

Not proceeding until that PODLINGNAMESEARCH is approved

it takes a lot of resources/time/manpower to rename a project; so we need
to be sure you wont have to do this again.

I think we need to hold for a day or two while I figure this out.  I'm
pushing on both the naming and infrastructure Jira's and will ask for
further advice from the incubator if I need to. If any of our mentors have
advice on what to do now, let me know.

Regards,
Kathy