edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Kathy Saunders <oskssaund...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ejji traemark
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 04:11:56 GMT
On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Kathy Saunders

>> How do others feel?  Should we proceed with a vote on those four names or
> have further discussion and ideas?
>
> Kathy

I thought I would summarize the potential issues with the names that we
would be taking off the list, in case there are further thoughts:

Ejji - Trademarks in Japan that are written up in Japanese characters, so I
don't know what the issues might be.

Anemone - Rental management software, analysis monitor written in Python,
theming engine for iOS, web spider framework, quite a few projects on
github although almost all of them appear to be very small or inactive.
There are trademarks on Anemone, but none in the computer or software
arena.  I think we probably could get through with this name, but there is
some usage and risk.

Fledge - programs to help companies take conscious issues to the world, IT
and services company, Clothing trademark.  I don't think this one is likely
to cause an issue, but not as clean as the other four choices.

Given these potential issues, should we include any of these in the vote?

Kathy